- BEAUTIFULLY HANDCRAFTED! Handmade from the Island of Maui in Hawaii. (kkPacific is located on Maui) 🙋 Excellent craftsmanship, great quality product made in Hawaii. Necklace is very comfortable to wear. High quality man's or boys heirloom jewelry.
- A PERFECT GIFT for any fisherman! Traditional Hawaiian good luck fishing amulet. 🙋 Amazing gift for your husband. He'll absolutely love it and won't want to take it off. Meaning of the Hawaiian bone fish hook information card is included.
- "MANA" (Spiritual Energy) Over time, your bone fish hook will absorb your body's natural oils. This will result in the pendant slowly taking on a slight soft honey golden hue. Hooks acquire the essence, or "mana", of their owners, taking on the soul of those who wear them.
- THE MEANING! The deep connection and reverence the Hawaiians had for the ocean created the meaning behind the Hawaiian fish hook necklace. It represents strength, prosperity, abundance, and a great respect for the sea. Often worn by travelers for safe journey.
- HAWAIIAN CORDAGE This Hawaiian bone fish hook comes with a soft cotton linen beige woven cord. Adjusts up to 26", a perfect fit for any style outfit. Each cord is hand braided to replicate ancient Hawaiian cordage. We have a lifetime guarantee on our fish hooks!
Details: The Meaning of the Hawaiian Bone Fish Hook The deep connection and reverence the Hawaiians had for the ocean created the meaning behind the Hawaiian fish hook necklace. It represents strength, prosperity, abundance, and a great respect for the sea. Ancient Hawaiians believed that a bone necklace takes on part of the spirit of those who wear it. Hawaiian tradition says that fish hooks provide good luck and safe journey when going fishing and traveling. Given the relationship that Hawaiians have with the ocean, these fish hook necklaces are found hanging around the necks of Hawaii's best anglers. The "Makau" symbolizes the strength and determination of these fishermen. The Tradition of the Hawaiian Bone Fish Hook Necklace In the same tradition of the Hawaiian chant, which was passed down from generation to generation, so should the fish hook necklace be handed down from father to son. A carving that has been worn by family members through many generations contains the spirit of all those people and is truly a great and powerful heirloom. And for this reason, we have a lifetime guarantee on our necklace cords. The Specifics of the Bone Fish Hook Each fish hook is hand-crafted in the traditional "Hawaiian-style". This "lima Hana" (hand carved) hook is from the femur bone of the water buffalo, known as the carabao. The edges are smoothly rounded and the piece has a highly polished luster which feels good to the touch. Over time, your bone pendant will "pick up" sebum, your body's natural oil. This results in the pendant slowly taking on a slight soft honey golden hue. The bone carving acquires the essence, or "mana", of its owner. This is one of the great beauties of bone crafted jewelry. The carving measures 1" by 2". This bone fish hook comes with an adjustable soft cotton linen beige woven cord. Adjustable up to 26", a perfect fit for any style outfit. Cord is hand braided to replicate Hawaiian cordage.
Package Dimensions: 9.0 x 5.9 x 0.4 inches